Firefox clean minimal skin, URL-bar fix, Searchbar fix, Norwegian Adblock, Speed-up
||I like having a clean and consistent user interface, and over time I have been tweaking the Firefox userChrome.css file|
to make things look "perfect". Here is the latest version for Firefox 89 and higher (tested on Firefox 89 on Windows 10).
I have made the tabs smaller (in height), added background color to the tabs bar, more compact bookmarks sidebar, some
tweaking to the url- and searchbars to give them equal compact look, and cleaned up the new search icons at the bottom.
Installation instructions are further down on the page (after the box with the userChrome.css). Click here to jump there!
You can copy any part of the userChrome.css from the box above, or download the full userChrome.css by clicking here
Now this is how you add the userChrome.css file to your Firefox
- First, if you don't allready use Firefox, follow this link to read info and download the latest version: Firefox download
- Save userChrome.css to: "c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<profile-id>.default\chrome\"
- From Firefox 69 on browser does not load userChrome.css by default. To enable loading you must do the following steps:
- Type "about:config" in the adress-bar
- Type "toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets" in the search box
- Set "toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets" to "True"
- If the bookmarks are not showing in the sidebar (only "Unsorted Bookmarks" at the top) do as follows to expand the bookmarks:
- Click "Unsorted Bookmarks" (or whatever at the top line)
- Press "up arrow" (cursor up)
- Press "right arrow" (cursor right)
MultiSearch - Search with two search-engines simultanously
- I have also made a search page that can search with multiple search engines. Click on this link to add MultiSearch.
- To manually add MultiSearch in your browser settings copy this URL: "https://www.osterud.name/search.html?q=%s"
Adblock extension and Norwegian Adblock filter list
Firefox speed-up and other tricks and tweaks
- I have made a small compilation of speed-up tricks and other tricks and tweaks for Firefox in this user.js file.
- Save user.js to: "c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<profile-id>.default\"